We strongly recommend that the first day be used to orient the new tutors to the site and have them start to build relationships with the students. Some things to cover for the first day include: where to park, where to check-in, where to print materials, where they will hold their tutoring sessions, school rules and expectations, locations of bathrooms, etc. We have found that schools that are able to orient new tutors on the first day have a much higher retention rate of their tutors in their schools
- Do tutors come with a computer or any other technology devices or do these need to be provided by the district?
- How do tutors track their hours and student attendance?
- What is the expectation for the campus when it comes to gathering materials for the tutoring sessions?
- What is the HeyTutor Dress Code?
- When do tutors plan/prepare for their lessons?