For School District Tutors
- How do I apply for district tutoring jobs?
- Can I work with multiple different districts?
- How much notice is required if I have to miss a tutoring shift?
- What is the process if I have to miss a scheduled tutoring session?
- The district program I was working with has ended, what other opportunities are available?
- The district I'm working with is requiring weekly COVID testing. What is the procedure for that?
- What does the onboarding process look like after I receive my onboarding email?
- How do I schedule my background check?
- If I have already completed a background check, but it is not the same background check you sent me for my district, will that work?
- I previously worked with a district program that has ended and I'm interested in working with that district again. What do I need to do to be rehired?
- The district I'm working with requires a TB test as part of my onboarding. What type of TB test is accepted?
- How should I upload receipts for reimbursement from items I had to pay for during my onboarding process?
- First Day
- The district I’m assigned to uses the online HeyTutor platform and I need help navigating the website.
- The times for my online sessions are at a different time than the schedule that I was initially told. How do I adjust that?
- I logged in for my tutoring session but the student wasn’t there. What should I do?
- I’m in a Lesson Space and I’m having trouble figuring out how to upload the lesson for the student to view.
- I'm trying to login to my HeyTutor account but I'm receiving an error that the "The Credentials Do Not Match Our Records". How can I log in?
- After creating my HeyTutor account, my page shows that I'm still being assigned to a local district. How can this be fixed if I've already been assigned to a district?
- I’m clicking ‘Submit’ when creating my HeyTutor profile but it isn’t going through. How do I fix this?
- I’m in a Lesson Space and my camera isn’t working.
- I’m in a Lesson Space and my microphone isn’t working.
Curriculum for School District Tutors
- Assessments & Scoring
- Student Data
- Lesson Path (Sequence)
- Supporting Diverse Learners
- What is Lesson Space?
- I tutor online and a parent is asking me to teach a different subject or work on other content. What should I do?
- Is it possible that a student is meeting with more than one tutor on the same subject?
- What is the procedure for when you have a group of students and several of them miss the baseline assessment? What about students who leave halfway through and don't come back?
- I work in-person at a school. What do I do with the printed activity pages?
- Do in-person tutors use Lesson Space?
- More Questions
For Schools and Districts
- Do I need to provide a First Day Orientation for the tutors?
- What is the expectation for the campus when it comes to gathering materials for the tutoring sessions?
- Do tutors come with a computer or any other technology devices or do these need to be provided by the district?
- How do tutors track their hours and student attendance?
- How do breaks work for tutors?
- What is the HeyTutor Dress Code?
- How do I login using my Clever information?
- How do I login using my ClassLink information?
- How do I login using my Google Classroom information?
- What if my tutor doesn’t show up?
- Can I record my sessions?
- Can I use a mobile device for session?
- I'm a client, how do I leave a review for my tutor?
- What kind of materials do tutors use or do I need to buy them?
- How are tutors vetted?
- Are tutors' backgrounds checked?
- What if my tutor can’t continue working with me?
- Can I get a tutor in a different city?
- How Do I Send Documents to the Student?
- How Do I Use the Whiteboard?
- How do I Screen Share?
- What should I do if I'm working with a difficult client?
- What if my first lesson with a student is scheduled for more than 1 hour?
- What if I'm having problems with the Online Classroom?
Billing & Payments
- Does HeyTutor issue 1099's?
- How can I cancel a payment if I've accidentally overcharged my client's account?
- What is the cancellation fee?
- What is HeyTutor's lesson cancellation policy?
- I switched my bank account or card, where will the pending funds be processed?
- Do I have to pay any fees to HeyTutor?
- What does it mean when my account is "Under Review"?
- Why can't I add my address?
- How do I reactivate my profile if it's on hold or deleted?
- How do I put my profile on hold or delete it?
- Can students see my personal information on my profile?
- How do I cancel my account?
- Getting jobs
How it works
- What if I'm still confused about how to use the platform?
- As a tutor, what if I am not the right fit for the student?
- When will my tutor profile be reviewed and approved?
- Who am I talking with in the messaging tab?
- Can I be hired to work with a student without a profile on HeyTutor?
- What devices can I access HeyTutor from?